Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Cisco Softphone register to a router in GNS3 running CME


I recently built a nice topology in GNS3. So I figured why not see if I could get one on the routers to run CME, and then get a Cisco softphone to register to the CME.
I connected the CME router to the laptops loopback and IPed the loopback and router interfaces. Then I installed the Cisco IP communicator (Soft IP Phone). During the softphone configurations, I put the router’s IP as the TFTP server IP.The 1st try was a No-Go ☹…. The CME I am running is very basic setup, with no phone loads.   I had to connect to a CUCM to get the Softphone to load. I re-configured the Softphone’s TFTP setting to point to the CUCM and it downloaded its needed files and register to the CUCM. I re-re-configured the TTFP setting pointing back to the router’s IP and …JOY 😊  


After the phone registered I had to add the mac-address to the ephone and configure a dn.
!
dn 111
!
ephone 3
mac-address 0026.b94f.adfb
button 1:1




No comments:

Post a Comment