Tuesday, March 18, 2014

You can’t handle the truth!


You can’t handle the truth!

Son we live in a world that has networks. 
These networks have to be guarded by men with Certifications. Who’s going to do it, You, Your system administrator? 
You don't want the truth because deep down in places that you don’t talk about at parties; you want me on that Console, 

you need me on that Console!
I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. 
You weep for the users, and you curse the network. 
You have that luxury, you have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Firewalls while tragic, probably saves data. And my existence while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves data.
 We use words like Subnet, ACL, OSPF, we use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punch line.
I have neither the time nor the inclination, to explain myself to a man, who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very network that I provide, and then questions the manner, in which I provide it.


I'd rather you just say 'thank you' and go on your way. 
Otherwise I suggest you pick up a console cable, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn, what you think you are entitled to!

(T Charping)

No comments:

Post a Comment